This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Speech and Language Therapy for Adults
The Speech Academy aims to reach individualised goals and meet the specific needs of individuals presenting with speech, communication and/or swallowing difficulties. All management programmes are client-centered, and governed by principles of evidence based practice. The Speech Academy offers treatment for adults presenting with:
- Communication or swallowing difficulties post stroke/ head injury
- Communication or swallowing difficulties associated with progressive neurological disorders, e.g., Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, Motor Neuron Disease
- Communication or swallowing difficulties associated with dementia | alzheimer’s disease
- Stammering/Fluency disorders
- Voice Disorders
Speech and Language Therapy for Children
The Speech Academy provides services for children from infancy to adolescents who have speech, communication and/or swallowing difficulties. Speech and language therapy intervention aims to facilitate children in reaching their potential, and improve linguistic and social behaviours. The Speech Academy offers treatment for children presenting with:
- Speech sound delays or disorders
- Language delays or disorders
- Reading and writing difficulties
- Social communication disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Eating, Drinking difficulties/ Swallowing Disorders
Tele-therapy Consultations/Information sessions
The Speech Academy provides initial consultations, and 1;1 information sessions over Skype, for parental, family or client queries or concerns regarding communication and swallowing.
Monday - Friday 9a.m. - 6p.m.
Monkstown Therapy Centre, 26 Longford Terrace, Monkstown, Co. Dublin