This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Hello, I'm Lorraine.
I have had extensive experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist in the National Health Service (NHS) in the South East of England and on the CARF accredited acute neurological rehabilitation unit at the Wellington Hospital in London.
I specialise in treating adults with acquired neurological conditions (i.e. Stroke, Brain Injury, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease).
I am also the founder of Aptus Speech & Language Therapy (www.aptus-slt.com), a company which develops speech therapy apps for adults and children. I have developed a range of apps for adults and children with communication difficulties. I have exhibited my apps at conferences worldwide including the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) Convention in 2017 and 2018.
I currently have the pleasure of developing more speech therapy apps in addition to treating patients at the Aptus Clinic.
The Aptus Clinic
In Ireland, there is a shortage of speech and language therapy services for adults with communication and swallowing difficulties. I set up the Aptus Clinic to help bridge the gap.
- Communication and swallowing assessments
- Individual and group therapy sessions
- Long-term home programmes (use of apps and other technology)
- Conversation partner training for family members of individuals who have had a stroke or brain injury
- SPEAK OUT! intensive therapy for Parkinson’s Disease
- Education sessions on speech and swallowing in Parkinson's Disease
- Voice banking for individuals with Motor Neurone Disease
- Advice on AAC such as text-to-speech apps
- Training workshops on the use of apps in speech and language therapy
The Aptus Clinic has clinic rooms in Clonee, Co. Meath. Home visits are also available upon request in Dublin, Meath and Louth.